Homemade bagels. Homemade bagels aren't difficult as long as you take your time. How to Make Homemade Everything Bagels. The trick to these crisp, chewy bagels is the poolish, a fermentation starter (also known as a mother dough) made with bread flour, yeast and water.
This Sourdough Bagel recipe is a variation. Update: I've also been working on perfecting the shape and size of these bagels, since these early batches looked, admittedly, a bit irregular. NO YEAST or rising or waiting required. You can have Homemade bagels using 7 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Homemade bagels
- It’s 300 g of bread flour.
- It’s 3 g of instant dry yeast.
- Prepare 6 g of salt.
- You need 15 g of sugar.
- Prepare 170 g of warm water.
- Prepare 2 L of water.
- It’s 3 table spoon of honey.
Bagels are everywhere, but good bagels are hard to come by—here's how to make a classic New York style bagel at home. A simple recipe for homemade bagels, made with flour, yeast, water, sugar, and salt. Simmered then baked, they're crusty, with a chewy interior. Homemade Bagels have a beautiful golden brown crust that is nice and chewy with a soft interior.
Homemade bagels step by step
- Mix flour, yeast, salt, sugar, and water(170g)in a bowl and knead until it forms a dough. Make sure the water is warm. Do not put yeast and salt next to each other..
- Cut the dough into 8 and roll it into a circle. Let it rest for 10min under a wet towel/kitchen paper..
- Preheat the oven to 200c°(392F°)..
- Mix 2L of water and honey into a pot and heat it up until 85c°(185F°)..
- After the dough is ready, stretch the dough into a rectangular shape..
- Roll it to a cylinder shape. Close the end tightly..
- Press the one end..
- Connect both end and shape it so it is like a donut. Make sure to close the end tightly so it won’t open when heated..
- Put the shaped dough into the heated water(step 8) for 45 sec on each side. (Don’t do shorter or longer than 45 second each).
- Place it on a oven sheet and bake in a preheated oven for 25 min..
Cinnamon raisin bagel recipe, plain bagel recipe, everything bagel recipe, whole wheat Start baking homemade bagels in your own kitchen and enjoy the authentic fresh baked. Making homemade bagels is not as difficult as you think. If you have the ability to knead some dough and roll it out into ropes you can make these homemade bagels. Step by step instructions to show you exactly how easy it is to make bagels at home as well as ideas for toppings including homemade everything seasoning! Homemade Bagels are easier to make than you might think.